Connecting your Air Pods to your Mac isn’t as straightforward as you might expect, but it’s not too hard either. Here’s how to connect Air Pods to your Mac and configure everything correctly so you can take advantage of all the wireless audio goodness Air Pods have to offer. Once you’ve completed this process, your Air Pods will stay connected automatically until you decide to disconnect them manually or power down your Mac.
What Are Air Pods?
Air Pods are Apple’s wireless earbuds that come with a charging case. They use Apple’s W1 chip to connect to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and can be used for making phone calls, listening to music, and more. You can also use them with non-Apple devices that have Bluetooth. If you’re using Air Pods with a Mac, you’ll need to connect them manually since they don’t automatically connect like iOS devices. Here’s how to do it.
What Do You Need To Connect Air Pods To Your Mac?
To connect your Air Pods to your Mac, you will need the following:
-A compatible device with iOS 10 or later or macOS Sierra or later
-An iCloud account
-An Apple ID
Before You Begin
There are a few things you need to know before you start:
- You need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10 or later or a Mac with macOS Sierra or later.
- You need to have the latest version of iTunes installed on your Computer.
- If you’re using iCloud, make sure that Find My iPhone is turned on.
- You must have an Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes.
- Using a PC, you’ll need Bluetooth turned on.
- Make sure that your Air Pods are in their case and that the issue has enough charge for at least 24 hours of listening time.
- Follow these steps
Step 1 – Open Bluetooth Settings
The first thing you need to do is open up the Bluetooth settings on your Mac. You can do this by clicking the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar or by opening System Preferences and clicking on the Bluetooth icon. Once you’re in Bluetooth settings, make sure that your Air Pods are in their case and that the issue is close to your Mac. Then, click on the Connect button next to your Air Pods in the list of devices.
Step 2 – Turn On Bluetooth In Your Computer
In order to connect your Air Pods to your Mac, you’ll need to make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. Here’s how:
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. If you don’t see the Bluetooth icon, choose Apple > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- Select the checkbox next to Bluetooth.
- If you’re asked for a password, enter it.
- Click Continue, then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you have more than one Bluetooth device, you can connect them all simultaneously and switch between them easily.
- To turn off Bluetooth, deselect the checkbox next to Bluetooth.
Step 3 – Pick Up Your Air Pods From The Case
Please pick up your Air Pods from the case and make sure that they’re in the range of your iPhone. The LED light on the front of the patient should be white. If it’s not, put your Air Pods back in the case and make sure that the lid is closed. Once your Air Pods are in range, open the cover and hold down the setup button on the back of the case for a few seconds. A white light on the front of the case begins to flash.
Step 4 – Click On The (I) Icon
The next step is to click on the (i) icon next to your Air Pods in the Bluetooth menu. Doing so will open up a new window with information about your Air Pods. Here, you will see an option that says Connect to this Computer. Click on it and wait for a few seconds while your Air Pods connect to your Mac.
Step 5 – Click Trust On The Popup Screen That Appears
Assuming you have already set up your Air Pods, the process of connecting them to your Mac is relatively simple. If you haven’t done so already, open the lid of your Air Pods case and hold it near your Mac. A popup screen should appear on your Computer asking if you’d like to Connect or Don’t trust. Click Trust.
In conclusion, connecting your Air Pods to your Mac is a very simple process. All you need is the Lightning to USB Cable with your Air Pods, and the USB port on your Mac. Once you have those two things, follow the instructions above, and you’ll be connected in no time!